All right guys, it is show time!
The competitors have until November 30th to gain as many RSS subscribers as they manage to, using all sorts of strategies and techniques. The just can’t use blackhat methods (i.e. spamming, faking stats) or spend money on the promotion. I have set a single page to host the live scoreboard.
You will notice that on the bottom of the right sidebar has the Blogging Idol logo now too. It will remain there during the whole competition, and you can click on it to go to the live scoreboard.
Problems with applications
Around 30 people who sent an application failed to meet the only requirement we had: to have the feedburner feed count enabled.
If you had the problem, you can still fix it and re-email me your application. Just head to Feedburner.com, register an account with your feed, and activate the “Feed Count” feature under the “Publicize” tab.
Also, if somehow you sent an application, had the feed count enabled but are not listed on the live scoreboard, let me know as well and I will add you.
1. Any blog or website with 2,000 RSS readers or fewer can participate. One blog per competitor only. (participant blogs must have the Feedburner feed count enabled)
2. The competition runs from November 1st until November 30th. During that period, 7 points will be awarded to the competitors, on the following way:
- 1 point to the competitor with the highest increase on the number of RSS subscribers
- 3 points to the competitors (one for each) with the highest number of votes on the open voting session
- 3 points awarded by a panel of judges
3. The criteria for the voting session and for the judge points will be: the most clever and effective strategy for gaining RSS subscribers and for promoting the blog. Paid and blackhat promotional methods are not allowed.
4. On November 30th, the blogger with more points (it will probably be 3 or 2 points) will be declared the winner and receive the prizes. The second and third places will also receive prizes.
The open voting session will take take during the 2nd or 3rd week of the competition, so stay tuned for that.
I will be posting weekly updates on the competition, and the competitors that want to showcase their strategies or techniques to our readers can do so by sending me an email. Make it between 100 and 200 words please. I will then include it on the following report.
Finally, competitors that have already migrated their feed to Google (feedproxy.google.com) might see a slow delay on their numbers, because I will need to update those manually, since Google does not support the Feedburner API. I will try to update them every 2 or 3 days though.
That is pretty much it. If you have any questions let me know.
Good luck to everyone!
Copyright by Daily Blog Tips.